"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #22


13 Random Thoughts About This Pregnancy (So far)

1. I can eventually take my Snoogle Pillow out of hiding! I love this thing! We just put it away using that vaccuum sucking bag storage thingy. This pillow rocks. It works wonders to help me sleep when the belly gets big, although admittedly, it's like having a third person in the bed with us.

2. I just went through all my maternity clothes again and I forgot how much I actually like them, especially the cute shirt my friend sent me last year from the online store, NOM. (I have it in green and I'm wearing it now just because I can! Yes, I know it looks silly with no belly but I'm only wearing it around the house.) The good thing about being pregnant these days is that Hollywood is also getting into the baby-thing and I'm convinced that's why the clothes are no longer giant hideous frocks anymore. Yippee!

3. Our sonogram is next Thursday!! I can't even believe it! Just one week away!

4. The throwing up hasn't kicked in yet. I actually thought last night that I would rather be throwing up and knowing things were progressing nicely. Then I kicked myself. That's ridiculous!

5. Sorry guests! No more guest room! We'll have to invest in a pullout sofabed at some point because the guest room is going nursery. Now.. what color will it be, I'm busting to know.

6. I am definitely one of those people who needs to know if it's a boy or a girl.

7. Repeat after me: We will go the whole 40 weeks this time we will go the whole 40 weeks this time we will go the whole 40 weeks this time we will go the whole 40 weeks this time we will go the whole 40 weeks this time.

8. I will eat healthy. This is already easy so far, I am craving plain old vanilla yogurt which my mom thinks looks disgusting, but it is sheer joy! Of course I'm also craving hot fudge, but I'll do my best to stick to the yogurt.

9. It's so nice to not have to work in a crazy, noisy, chaotic newsroom this time around. There is so much less stress at home! It's still a little stressful, but it's a different stressful. I like this kind of stressful.

10. I am dreading frizz hair. Last time, pregnancy sucked all of the moisture out of my hair and I couldn't fix it no matter how much conditioner, spray or gunk I put in it. It was a frizzy coif and I looked like Chris Sligh on American Idol.

11. Cleavage! Sweet!

12. I am not liking eggs anymore at all.

13. I have the gift of supersonic smell. I can smell something from miles away and it can be a gift and a curse. Trust me.








Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


21 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Congrats! And good luck with sticking to eating healthy.

jennyr said...

that supersonice smell will be very useful once the baby is around!if u know what i mean...hehehe! it's fun being pregnant even w/ all the non-fun stuff, i still like being pregnant! but not for now...lol! enjoy...

Anonymous said...

oops! my TT is here:
http://jendavid.bravejournal.com

Jane said...

Congratulations. I hope you pregnancy is uneventful and you deliver a healthy, happy beautiful baby.
My T13 is up.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your upcoming new little one! :)

Marie said...

Great T13 list for this week!!! isn't pregnancy interesting??? you learn a new thing everyday of your pregnant life!!! Good Luck to you and your baby!!!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

The super sonic smell freaked me out with my first pregnancy and never showed up with my second. Every pregnancy is different. Cool shirt by the way :) Hope you are feeling well. Take care of yourself!!

Kris said...

Congratulations-what a fun list!

And thanks for stopping by my TT today. Hope ya'll have a great weekend! :)

Mitchypoo said...

How cool, you are pregnant! Enjoy! Thanks for visiting.

Amelia June said...

If you have a Trader Joe's where you are, you have to scope out their vanilla bean yogurt. So good, the goodness is hard to describe. If you put some of their "just the clusters" vanilla almond granola in it, extra yum.

I was pregnant not that long ago (2 years ago, sob), can you tell?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I didn't throw up once when I was pregnant with J, and I was glad. I think I'd almost rather break a bone than throw up. So I hope you continue to miss out on that! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

The clothes rocked when I had Spike back in 2000; he was a summer baby and I ADORED the tank tops and other cool stuff I got to wear.

Hope things keep on going well; can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Thanks for visiting my site! Have a terrific weekend!

Gail Martin said...

Congrats! I hope Baby decides to be patient about putting in an appearance.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Anonymous said...

Hope you do make it the whole 40 weeks! A couple in our church just had a baby Sunday that wasn't due until May, but everything is fine.

Anonymous said...

yeah! yeah! I'm so happy for you! I LOVED being pregnant. Not sick one day, either time. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Loved maternity clothes..just gave my last few away, not long ago. It was like a passing of the torch..I know I'm done, but still, you don't like to openly admit that by giving everything away..you know?
Embrace it, enjoy..it will go much faster this time around. You won't have time to obsess about it..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm the same way needing to know if it's a boy or girl. Nice to meet you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I wouldn't summon the nausea fairy!! I am on my 3rd pregnancy and had just experienced true pregnancy nausea. It lasted from morning to night...so severe that I had to be on medication to prevent it!! Oh it was terrible!! And it lasted almost 16 whole weeks! ARG!!!

Anonymous said...

My younger sis is preggers and I relate to many things you're saying. Take care and eat healthy.

Great TT!

Tink said...

Congratulations! I hope you'll have a wonderful, healthy, 40 weeks pregnancy!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

I hope you make a 40 yard touchdown too!

Fun TT! So are you going to ask the sex at your sonogram next week? And are you going to tell us? Funny, in Canada we call it ultrasound.

Thanks for commenting on my TT about your hairbrush. Made me laugh and not feel so weird about hairbrush committments / allegiances / phobias.