"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oops. We did it again.

I guess I could do a Wordless Wednesday with this one because the picture says it all, but it's Sunday, so instead I'll do a Sunday Thankfuls or something like that.Yep! We're pregnant! I had to wait to tell all my immediate family members first before I blogged about it, and frankly I was so busting and just couldn't blog at all until I could blog about this! So that's the real reason I've been MIA. I am a terrible secret-keeper and this has just thrown me for a complete loop! Ohhh the myriad of emotions I've been through this week, which coupled with raging hormones, was a very interesting experience to say the least. I bought the test last week and took it totally thinking "Nahhhh...". I was rushing through it too, taking it at the totally wrong time of day (around 5pm after drinking a bottle of water, which while you're trying to get pregnant is a no-no because you want to have all the stars aligned -- first morning pee without the water to dilute it -- yes, you can file this under "TMI" or you can file it away for later, either one). But we were not "trying" really, and as I finished peeing on the stick touted as the "most advanced technology you'll ever pee on", I heard the lock on the front door turn, and heard my husband's footsteps toward the bedroom. Just before he walked in, I saw it. "Pregnant." And my mouth was agape and I handed him the stick and didn't say a word. He was so super-excited he could hardly contain himself. I, on the other hand, was stunned. I was happy, of course, but terrified. Ironically, I had just hours before had a conversation with my friend about having more children. And I admitted to her that I had only just recently thought that I could even think about getting pregnant again. Think about it. I was a little scarred from the first one. My first pregnancy was riddled with complications and I wasn't sure if I could handle it if it happened again. But you know what? I'm just going to have to believe that whatever the plan is, I can handle it and hope for the best in the meantime. I have to keep my blood-pressure low and find my Zen place so I can keep the stress to a minimum. At least now I know what to expect. So our first appointment and sonogram is April 5th, which is so soon! If I had to do the math, I would say we're probably only about 4 or 5 weeks along right now, so it's early. But I figured, if anything (God forbid) happened, I would be blogging about that anyway, so it's only fitting that I share it now. Like I said, I'm not a good secret-keeper. I can "vault" other people's secrets, but not my own. I've been completely frazzled all week, along with nauseous and exhausted, all the normal stuff. But I'm so excited! Bye-bye guest room! Oh and I'm glad I took a picture of the test. The little digital "pregnant" reading wore off after only a day! The first time around, I did the one with the lines, and I took four of them because the second line was only the faintest pink line and I didn't trust it. But I still have them in a drawer and all the lines are still there. FYI.

10 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hope you are feeling well. Gets as much rest as you can :) (or as much as Poops will let you).

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Hey Christie, congratulations! How exciting for ya! I love surprises like this and I'm glad you do too!

Anna Mary said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, what is IT? Congratulations!!! How awesome!! And again, ironic..after all, how is it that I would post about it on the very same day?
I'm so happy for you! My SIL had a really rough time with the twins, she is very nervous as well. They were about five weeks premie and she had blood pressure issues. But I know that you will be just fine!
Yeah! Yeah! Now my leg kicking in the air for you!
:) :) :)

Knitting Maniac said...

Congratulations, Christie!!!! Saw Robin's comment on her blog and had to pop over to see it for myself!!!

Barb said...

Congratulations!!!! Wonderful news!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Mazel Tov! May the pregnancy be a breeze and may labor be painless (before the drugs).

Sparky Duck said...

congratulations! another example of "the Secret" working?

though I do hope you pulled up your pants before hugging hubby lol

katie eggeman said...

Congratulations! Relax and enjoy, one of the great things about the second baby, is that you start out so confident,knowing they won't break. Special blessings to you!