"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19

Yay!! Game On!! I'm so happy Thursday Thirteen decided to stick around and two wonderful bloggers are taking the reigns. So I'm doing thirteen totally random things because I'm running late and I don't have any fun creative TT ideas. Sorry! Here we go:

13 Random Things


1. My best friend's family moved yesterday. My best friend now lives in Georgia, but both of our parents lived in Florida so we would always conveniently meet up here. Now her parents have moved to be near her and her children, and I feel like she has moved all over again because she won't be back to visit nearly as often!

2. We spent yesterday and the day before saying goodbye to her old house.

3. There was a lot of history in that house.

4. She lived there since she was 11. We lived in a house around the corner since I was 12. We've known each other almost that entire time.

5. My parents moved out of that house a couple years ago.

6. But I still got to visit "our" neighborhood when I'd meet my best friend at her parents' house.

7. This TT is turning out to be about my best friend moving!

8. I feel like I'm in high school again.

9. There is nothing in the world like your girlfriends. I have had many over the years, but only a few friendships still remain and I love them more than anything in the world.

10. Friendships are harder to maintain when you're older. They change, and you change, as you go through moves, marriages, babies, and life in general.

11. But the ones that last through it are stronger than ever.

12. And you suddenly become afraid that your children may eventually hear about your crazy stories of growing up, like sneaking out of your best friend's house and slowing backing her brother's car out of the driveway in neutral so no one can hear you, and then going to the grocery store and buying chocolate chip cookies at 3 in the morning. I know, such renegades, huh? Turns out we weren't all that bad.

13. Again, yet another time I'm surprised what comes out when I'm staring at a blank screen. I miss you already, Clairanne!







The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice list! I bet there is a lot of history in their old house...

Lady G~ said...

What a beautiful tribute to friendship. You'll be surprised to see that the distance won't seem so long. Thanks to modern technology. :o)

Have a blessed Thursday!

Sparky Duck said...

the good thing about the technology age is that you can still keep in close contact with friends no matter where they are in the world

Rashenbo said...

What a nice list. I'm sure you'll miss your friend, but you'll still be able to keep in touch... Yay, email! :)

Thanks for dropping by my list. Have a great THursday.

Mitchypoo said...

Great list, sound's like a great friend, and her family too.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great list. I totally agree with 10 and 11. I hope you can still get together every once in a while. Happy Thursday :)

Tink said...

Friendship is one of the most important values I know. If houses could speak, they'd tell interesting stories! :)
My TT shows a lot of pics of my two kittens growing up.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Awww.. I definately agree that it is harder to maintain friendships when you're older and so much more is going on! (btw, my Friday Favourites has gone up a bit early)

Claire said...

I think you did a great job considering your running late. Your right that friendships get harder as you get older, i am really starting to notice that now. But you make an effort with the ones that are worth it.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Sorry you are feeling so sad..it IS hard when friends move away. You know, it is hard in life to maintain friendships. You know a true friend when you don't have to work at it. The kind that if you don't talk for years, you can not feel guilty..the minute you do talk, it's like you never missed a beat. There are few friends in life like that..sad, huh?!
I'll post pics of your album when I'm done! :) Then I'll send it on down...

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Saying goodbye is hard sometimes, but think about the adventures ahead and the memories to be made!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Amazing the strong emotions that something like that can invoke.

Thanks for visiting me TT and answering all my wacky questions. My answers are finally up in the comments and I'm finally getting around to visiting!