"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21

(Header reminds me of Sanjaya from American Idol who told us all he can hula! Unfortunately! Disclaimer: I'm not really an angry person, but this list is the product of unfortunate events)

1. First, I'm trying really hard not to get fired up at Blogger but George is getting frustrated! I just wrote an entire Thursday 13 of things I have to remember. But when I hit publish, it said "could not be processed" and it dumped the whole thing. I am trying to process that rageful feeling you get when you write a huge post and it disappears before you publish it, in a healthy manner. BUT MAN, I'M FREAKIN PISSED!!!!!!!! (I'm typing loudly here!!) And my linkies aren't working, so I'll add you at the bottom, I promise.

2. Maybe instead I'll do a therapeutic TT on things that really piss me off. Then I can let them go into the cyberuniverse and breathe and move on.

3. I'll start with US Air. Coming back from DC Monday. Checkin process: 1 1/2 hours because self-check-in terminals freeze you out and there are only 2 agents working the desk. Flight delay: 2 1/2 hours followed by "cancelled." Next flight: 1/2 hour delay. Then, baggage shows up hour and a 1/2 after I do.

4. Target and its return policies. No receipt, no return. OK, fine. Exchange? Yes, but only if you exchange it for something in the exact department, same price or more. But, it will have to be at the same price as the item was in the last 90 days, not same price as when you bought it. Note to self: return items in timely manner so as not to get screwed.

5. Concrete walls. I will love this feature when we go through a hurricane or a tornado, but concrete walls are not particularly conducive to curtain hanging. Four holes later, and a spackle project later, I have come to realize that you need special concrete screws for this.

6. Old drywall. On the opposite end of the spectrum are places in my house where you hang up so much as a tack, and a giant sinkhole opens up in the wall. I have learned that you need special drywall anchors for this.

7. Returns. I can never seem to return things and instead I have an entire box of them spilling out onto the floor. They are one step closer to going back, however, they are near the front door. Items include: a frame that broke immediately after I opened it, two sets of bed risers that broke right after I put the bed on them (scary!), a sprinkler I bought before I realized we have 12 others just like it, a table runner that looks like a Santa suit that didn't quite work out, and a camouflage coat I bought for my parents' chihuahua, Stanley, that was too small.

8. My crappy photo editing program. I thought about making Poops' first birthday invitations. I tried for hours paste a picture of his face onto a cartoon lion head because wouldn't that be funny, but it looks doctored and ridiculous. For some reason, no matter what I do, his face always retains the shape of a square, which as you might realize too, doesn't look that great on a lion head because a face is actually a circle.

9. Our pine tree. I spent an hour and a half scraping sap off our car the other day. You can still kind of see where it was because it won't all come off. Then it's on your hands, and everything that your hands come in contact with after that also sticks to them.

10. Well I'm on number 10 and I'm having trouble. That's a good sign, right? Maybe not too many things actually piss me off?

11. The show, "Heroes" is on a six-week hiatus. What will I do? Besides actually get stuff done.

12. Did you know Pampers has two #4's? One says "Cruisers" and the other one doesn't. The one that doesn't, leaks.

13. Children's toys. I just bought the coolest, most awesome bath toy for Poops. They're tiny "Disco Frogs" that light up when you touch their bellies. They rock! But I turned them over and read the warning, which reads as follows: "California Proposition 65: This item has batteries that may contain lead, cadmium, and mercury; chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Wash hands thoroughly after using this product." Yes, I feel safe giving this to my child. I guess I have another return.








Fellow tt'ers before the Linky started working:

1. Tendrils, at Tendril's Ink, has 13 ways to relax.
2. Chana, at Live your Dog's life has 13 fun-filled facts about her.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, that Pampers things is frustrating until you figure it out! Wait until you need Huggies Overnites in size 6.......THEY DON't MAKE THEM! They only go up to a 5! UGH!

Great list! I hope you feel better after typing it all out! :)

Chana said...

I hate when Blogger does that! GRRR! BTW..the header that you have..I designed that! Go to my site and there it is! KEWL! Hope your day is well!

Jane said...

Blogger can be a PAIN! I wish I could help you with the photoshop stuff but I am not very good at that either.
My T13 is up, come on by!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I totally agree on the Target return policy. I have a Thomas the Tank Engine halloween costume size 4 in my spare bedroom that has no hope of every being returned. I'm out $20.00. I did finally find the receipt but it was after 90 days. And the pampers are a huge bummer. I've made the same mistake.

Raggedy said...

I use Huggies #5 one pack says supreme and the ones that don't leak.
We have a little duck family that lights up but I didn't dare put them in the tub.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Penny said...

I am horrible at returns too! Even if they make it to my car, they sit in there for weeks!

Happy TT!

Sparky Duck said...

thats not a sunflower??

Irish Church Lady :) said...

I lost a post tonight too! It said something about the word verification not working!!!

Hey did you see my shout out to you on my blog today?

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Blogger turned off my comments. I hear your pain. I feel your pain.

As for Target and returns... I kinda don't blame them for being mean. They've really been taken advantage of and once again, a few have ruined the party for the rest of us. Maybe we should give them the light-up bath toys instead of making you face another return?

Thanks for visiting West of Mars and have a better weekend!

Robin said...

Sounds like a very frustrating week. I hope the next one is better.

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog.

JAM said...

Wow, I'm sorry you felt compelled to go off on a rant, but I must admit, it was a GREAT read. I'm reading this late, Friday morning, and it's just the kick I needed for a smile on a crummy day.

I don't know what gets pine sap off of a car, but Auto Zone or someone like that may have something just for that. Lord knows there's all kinds of things for everything else.

We park under a certain type of oak that sheds in spring, not to mention the return of the birds. Each and every morning I have to go out there armed with wet and dry paper towels to clean off the previous night's leaves and bird dookey. Grrr.