"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Friday, March 30, 2007

A Rush of Hormones to the Head

Well the nausea hasn't made an appearance yet but the hormones have! I went to the gym this morning and got in a good hearty workout, 40 minutes of cardio and chest and arms. I was workin up a good sweat to my I-Pod and it was nice. I left the gym and headed over to Sally's to get some eyebrow wax because I was going to try this myself. I was looking forward to a day of chicken soup in the slow cooker and some eyebrow wax. Yes, I forgot it was Friday and I'm making chicken noodle soup tonight for dinner. Whoopsee! Bad Lentil! So, Gymboree is right next to Sally's so I thought I'd pop in and see what all the hubub was about. A lot of my friends do Gymboree and I've never even been inside, but I heard it's fun. For us, the bottom line is usually, "what's it cost?" I went in to find out.

How cute! There are all these little foam playmats and things to climb on and cute little kiddies everywhere and if you've been, you probably already know that. But it looked like a lot of fun, and for some reason, and I have no idea why, but I really must have thought it was cute because I started crying. Right there in Gymboree! The lady at the front counter gave me some handouts and told me her whole spiel on cost and programs and how many weeks the classes last, the whole shabang, and I was standing there in my sweats, all stinky, trying to blink away my tears. I'm not sure what it was, maybe it was picturing Poops playing with the little kids or something ridiculous, but foolish me! So I thanked the kind lady and I fled out the door and went and cried in my car. I'm crazy.

4 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh no, that's the worst. That kind of thing always happened to me when I was pregnant, and the worst part is it has remained. I now cry at the drop of a hat at anything. I'll see a sweet kids outfit and for some reason I start crying. And it isn't even PMS week. I'm pathetic truly. At least you have an excuse :)

Anonymous said...

How cute are you? I remember being so emotional, it was crazy. The week before my second was born, I cried constantly, thinking about my firstborn crying.
Are you walking soon? Maybe the fresh air will be good for your head..haha!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

I remember you commenting about being emotional on my blog when I was blogging about crying at the drop of a hat, and especially in church!

Well I thought I would share this with you. At 5:00 p.m. mass yesterday, not one we usually go to but we had a special reason for going yesterday, I looked around the congregation a number of times during the mass and I saw people dabbing their eyes and crying. So it's not just me! We all do it!

Don't apologize for your feelings. They're yours and they're spectacular!

(To quote Cindra from Seinfeld talking about her non-fake boobs! ~ just thought I would bring a bit of levity to the situation here! hee hee)

Sparky Duck said...

which do you want? the nausea or the crying??