"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Get Thee to a Bloggery!

I feel much better now that I officially ranted through my Thursday 13. Besides the fact that it is terribly annoying to have an entire post disappear on you, it appears I may be hormonal as well. I just overall feel gross. Like nothing fits, and I want to cry when I see sweet commercials, and I get violently angry when things piss me off. And I'm sluggish and can't get any motivation whatsoever to get anything done, all I want to do is sleep, despite the gallons of coffee I am drinking to keep me awake. I'm all over the place on the emotional spectrum, as opposed to normal days, when I can pretty much brush it all off and if worst comes to worst, have a glass of wine. On days like these, I believe whole-heartedly that I should put myself away from society until it passes. Which is usually just a day. But no. Instead, I head to the mall where I, wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, looking like Shelley Long in Irreconcible Differences, you know, that part where she's wearing a gray sweatsuit and eating icecream and has pimples all on her face and she opens the door to her ex-husband and thinks, "great." And on those days, you feel like you pass other moms who are all dressed pretty with their little munchkins, and they're looking at you like, "Thank God I have it together. I could look like her". I swear I saw one of those snobby perfume ladies in the mirror, looking at me as I passed like she thought I needed a severe mommy makeover. So I got me a Venti Non-Fat Iced-Latte, went home, put Poops down for a nap, and gave myself a mini-makeover with the shirt I bought. Ahh. Serenity now.

So anyway, what's the deal with Sanjaya? I saw on the Today Show that there's a web site dedicated to supporting the sucky contestants, and that Howard Stern is also urging people to vote for him, and that may be what's keeping him in. Which makes sense, because now that American Idol is getting kind of boring, I think people are experimenting to see if they can mess with the Idol results. But I wasn't surprised to see Brandon go, because he did forget the words and all.

And I saw Borat last night! It was hilarious!! The kind of humor that has you peeking through your fingers while you watch it, kind of like "Meet the Parents" because you're so embarrassed for them and you can't believe they're doing what they're doing. I love that I know about a lot of the fallout from Borat, because you know when you're watching it who didn't know they were going to be in a movie that turned out to be an Oscar-nominated film. Well worth the watch, it was equally offensive so no one group should be mad. But if you're easily offended, this movie may not be for you. There is a little nudity that is a little-ahem-gross and if you watch it, you'll see what I mean. But my husband and I were howling with laughter through most of it.

I'll leave you with a picture of ham. My Aunt Carol and Uncle Don served it last week when their son and daughter-in-law came to visit. I couldn't resist taking a picture of it for my sister because ham is her favorite food and it was so perfectly sliced I just knew she would be jealous. Besides, who can resist putting a picture of ham on their blog? Uncle Don should be proud of his fine slicing abilities!

5 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

I hate ham, but thats pretty.

There has been a ground swell to sabotage the contest from these "vote for the ones that suck" websites. AI is a joke

Unknown said...

You are hilarious! I'm so happy you left a comment on my blog...I'm now introduced into the world of Captain Poopy! You will definitely be a daily read for me.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

I was having a few days like that last week. Every little thing was getting under my skin. Glad you're feeling better.

I'll have to check that Borat movie out.

Oh and for AI, one of the girls is gonna win it anyways.

Unknown said...

By the way, I have an Aunt Carol and Uncle Don...are we related????

Christie O. said...

steven: hahahaha! that's really funny! do they live in florida?