"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Trip Into Fall

Yay! Fall! Finally the hot, heavy mugginess of summer has lifted, not even a week after the ushering in of Fall and it's music to my body. That infant carrier weighs a hundred-thousand-bazillion tons under the weight of the sweltering summer heat, and Aidan and anyone else who goes outside for more than 10 minutes needs a change of clothing after braving it. Like people up north during the winter months, I spend a lot of time indoors in the summer, only I wrap myself up in the comfort of 72-degree air conditioning and corresponding $200 electric bills. Every year, I get excited about the "holiday season" a little earlier and this year I've already started my Christmas shopping which if anyone knows me, is a huge feat. I usually finish shopping mere hours before midnight and am up until 3am wrapping, only to unwrap it all in a present-giving blitz a couple hours later. Anyway, now it's time for pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, Turkey with a capital "T", pretty leaves, crisp air, early sunsets and my favorite, that extra hour of sleep that I lost in the spring! Yay! And we'll return to our youth in a few weeks when we take Aidan trick-or-treating, cause who are we kidding, that candy he gets is for us.

No comments: