"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Waiting for the O.C.

NBC is smart. I'm waiting for the O.C. to come back, but meantime, there's a couple of great new series on, and most of them are on NBC. The only catch is, they come on after "Deal or No Deal". So of course, you get sucked in to watching the ridiculous drama of "I have absolutely no skill nor do I know what I'm doing but I'll take my shoes off and do somersaults on the stage when I pick the right case". Of course, I could change the channel. But I don't, and I don't know why. I think it's because it's like a train wreck watching these people act like they're winning because of their skills. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhiLgwptZI . But while my O.C. remains on hiatus, I must say, I applaud you, Fall Season, because I rarely like new shows and now I'm seriously going to have to re-think my TV line-up so as to not become one with my couch because of watching too much of it. Our DVR is already on overload.

New additions to current line-up:
-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. VERY good show. I am hooked already. Matthew Perry is great in this, he's still funny in a serious Chandler Bing sort of way. I love it.
-Heroes. Still trying to figure out if I like it. The whole show seems like something out of one of my wacked out dreams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUgK2HQrlDY . I guess I do like it. I just don't know if yet if it's worth adding to the line-up.

Then of course there's 30 Rock which looks funny, and that new show with John Lithgow, 20 Good Years, which also looks funny.
I don't know if these are worth it either, because look at my line-up already! I am not a deadbeat mom. I do pay attention to my child and even find time to work out and clean! Ask my husband!

-The Office
-My Name is Earl
-Best Week Ever (VH1. Hilarious.)
-Extreme Home Makeover
-Dancing with the Stars. (guilty pleasure).
-Gilmore Girls
I swear we do other things rather than watch TV.

Waiting for: (eagerly)
-Scrubs
-The O.C. (coming back in November! Wah.)
-Psych (I LOVE this show. It's on USA and it's hilarious. It's about two guys who pretend they're psychic and help police solve crimes, but all they are is really really observant.) Comes back in January. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/

I'm so surprised that I even like TV these days. My normal repertoire is Seinfeld re-runs and that's it. I may need a hobby.

No comments: