"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hogwarts or bust!

It took me some serious wheeling and dealing to get Evan to dress up with me for a Halloween party Saturday night. He doesn't dress up. He's the conservative guy who wears polo shirts and never changes his haircut. So having him put on a black wig, glasses and a cape to transform him into Harry Potter almost made me pee with laughter. I was dying. I was Hermione. We were originally going to a Halloween party one of his co-workers was throwing but they had to cancel it. So we decided to go to something our city was throwing instead. Our friends came over. We invited them last minute and they rushed out to get costumes and they looked really cute as a witch and a dork. We got in the car and drove around looking for this party. It was supposed to be at a park, "with comedy and music all night." "Adults only." "Prizes for best Costume." Sounded like fun. We kept driving around. This should be it. But there's no one here. It's all dark. We called Evan's mom, who was watching the baby, to look at the flyer and make sure we had the right address. Yep, right address. No party. Evan was getting upset under his black wig. It was all itchy and uncomfortable and he became increasingly agitated. What do we do now? We can't go home. We actually have babysitters! So we went to Bennigans where thankfully there were other patrons dressed up. That made Evan feel better, even though he had already taken his wig off, had a beer in his hand, and was already much happier. Then we shot darts at a place nearby, and there were people dressed up there too (thankfully). Someone's costume was a big huge frothy beer, it was hysterical. We were tired by 11 and went home. We're lame. I guess we should have had a plan B. We still don't know what happened to that party.

4 comments:

Anna Mary said...

hahahahhahah i looove it!!! you guys are hilarious!!!

Connie T. said...

You guys are cracking me up. You're too cute. I haven't been able to get my husband to dress up since college. We went as "pimps" to a Halloween party once. Who knows, maybe next year!

Connie T. said...

Also, I'm sorry about your party. At least you guys made the best of the night. You know, my husband and I still haven't had a date? It's just sad....

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Love those costumes!!!

Glad you were able to make something of it!!

Some of my favourite pairs costumes that my hubby and I have gone as include: Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky - he had a sax and a cigar and suit, I had a black wig, beret and blue dress complete with the stain. It was hilarious! Another one was Mimi and Drew Carey.

Happy Halloween!