"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Sunday, October 22, 2006

It sounds like a lot, cause it is.


"Thank you for calling the Weight Loss Hotline. If you'd like to lose a half pound right now, press 1 eighteen thousand times." ~ Randy Glasbergen


I turn to you, dear blog, to hold me accountable. From here on out, I'm tracking my quest through pregnancy-pound weightloss through the eyes of all of you. Humiliating? Could be. But I'm going to own this and plus I'm not supplying my actual weight, just my loss, if any, so sorry. I'm quite sure many of you won't care about my weight loss, and that's ok too. But if it's out there like an exposed journal for all to see, I will think better of taking that bite of pie that I so long for. Plus, if anyone else needs to lose weight, you can join me on the adventure. We can be like Bonnie and Clyde. Or Bonnie and Bonnie. I'll update my lovely ticker every Tuesday after I return from the gym. I trust their scale. I have until the first of the New Year to lose 30 pregnancy pounds. I will not buy any clothing until then.* That's because I will not allow myself to become comfortable at current weight. I also do not want to waste more money on fat clothes if I plan to lose weight. I have an entire pre-pregnancy wardrobe in the guest room anxiously awaiting the return to my closet. Plus, I would like to lose exactly one chin so I can feel better about taking pictures with my son. Obviously, I will encounter such obstacles as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Christmas Parties, several family birthdays and subsequent parties etc etc. I will not deprive myself. But I will not go for seconds and thirds and have more than one dessert in a sitting. And since I'm hosting Thanksgiving (which happens to be my favorite holiday) I will not have Thanksgiving dinner more than once that week due to leftovers. I will work out 5-6 days a week, lifting weights and doing some hard-core cardio in a very "Body-For-Life" type of way. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. So far, I'm down 7 pounds, with 23 to go. Wish me luck.

*Except 1 shirt to supplement my one "date night" shirt rotation and I reserve the right to buy an outfit for Christmas Day.

No comments: