"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16

Whoo-eeee! It's a special manniversary addition of the Thursday Thirteen in the O'Sullivan household! This weekend will mark our second wonderful year of marriage, so here it is:

13 Reasons the Second Year Was Better Than the First!

1. I am no longer embarrassed about the sound my nose makes when I blow my nose in the morning.

2. I am completely 100% immune to ESPN and pretty much any sporting event in which I am not a fan of the teams. It can be playing at any decibel in the background and I can effectively block it out. Like I am right now as Miami plays UNC, the team with the lame, corny, extremely feminine baby blue uniforms. Who has baby blue uniforms?

3. Which leads me to the following: I actually know what a first down is (I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they kept trying for a first down. Why didn't it turn into a second and a third!) Also I just learned what a "safety" is. I'm darned proud. Oh, and one time, I yelled "off sides!" and was right!

4. We fight sooo much nicer now. That first year was a doozy.

5. I am no longer offended if he moves to the couch in the middle of the night. I know that it means he's snoring too badly, has gas, or acid reflux.

6. And that doesn't gross me out or turn me off, either!

7. I got to see him as a husband, but now I get to see what he's like as a daddy, and it's so much better than I ever dreamed. That makes me love him even more.

8. He's my best friend, favorite tv buddy, drinking buddy, dancing buddy, and makeout buddy. But not shopping buddy. He gets cold sweats when we step foot into almost any store.

9. I know that if he's snippy or grumpy, I shouldn't read anything into it. It isn't about me. He probably needs a sandwich.

10. He knows that "fine" is not ok as an answer to the question, "How do I look?"

11. Last week, he was reaching for his keys in his backpack after a soccer game in front of all the guys and Oops! Out fell some tampons and my lipstick. He called it "our" lipstick, when retelling the story. aww.

12. We no longer need the lavish birthday, Christmas, Valentine presents that come with the boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance/newlywed relationship.

13. Instead, we make spending time together a priority, like our "date nights" on Friday. And for our anniversary: no presents. This weekend, we're going to the beach where we had our reception 2 years ago, having a nice dinner, sleeping in, and topping it off with the Super Bowl. That sounds about right.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


30 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy Anniversary! It just gets better from here. Trust me. *wink*

Enjoy the weekend; you deserve it.

Happy TT, too.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are enjoying marriage! Good for you, and I wish you many years to come.

Rashenbo said...

AWWWWW - Happy Anniversary. Me and mine celebrated our 10th last year. Sounds like you guys are off to a great start. Love the "our" lipstick :D

-atomik kitten said...

Sounds like you got a great guy there!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you have grown a lot in the last two years! Happy TT!

Unknown said...

LOL - such a cute list. I´m smiling at #10 (and I hope Frank will learn about this during the next year)

Happy anniversary, Christie =)

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on two years:) It only gets better - as long as you work on it:) We're coming up on 8 ourselves!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Barbara said...

Sounds like you are on your way to a wonderful, long marriage. It gets better and better (I've been married almost 43 yrs).

My TT is up.

Scribbit said...

The rest will be even better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your first two years have been a learning process. May the next years be as wonderful as the first two. I have been 18 years. :)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

We are in our 33rd year. . it just gets better and better. Enjoy every moment. . .

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

You are up and running early this morning!
Congrats on your anniversary! You will sail smooth until about year seven..ha ha!
We will be on year 14 this year..hardly seems possible.
It all runs together after awhile...
Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list. A lot of the items sounded very familiar with my wife and I. We'll be celebrating 15 years in May. Man... 15 years! It's flown by!

Happy anniversary!ht

Anonymous said...

#9 sounds like a great breakthrough to have. Wonderful list, I'm bookmarking because it's really smart. Thanks!

Mine's up -- Thirteen things I don’t have to worry about when my boyfriend meets my parents!

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Happy Anniversary! And a GREAT thirteen reasons! (Im immune to ESPN now too...he could leave it on and leave the house in the morning and I don't even notice it half the time!)

Mo and The Purries said...

Aw, that's a great list.
I wish you many more years of happiness and love!
Mo
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Michelle said...

And, those are some of the reasons I am NOT ecstatic about being single again. Now, I kinda miss my ex again.

Sweet TT though...he sounds like a great guy!

Erin Faye said...

So true, so true!

Great list!

Becky said...

Happy anniversary! What a sweet post. Hope he gets to read it too.

Tink said...

Happy anniversary! This is a wonderful list, really made me smile. It only gets better every year! :-)
Thanks for visiting my music TT!

Sparky Duck said...

what a great list, you two have figured out how to work so well together.

On a side note, I have never understood the Carolina Blue either. Its Powder blue for petes sake.

Sparky Duck said...

uniform full disclosure:im a Duke fan

Anna Mary said...

Too bad the wedding after party can't follow you to the Tradewinds this time around!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Christie O. said...

hahaha! too funny, anna mary.

JO said...

Regarding #12... keep this going, it doesn't have to be lavish, a card will do. When I first got married, I have your same thinking... and now, I regret it.

happy anniversary!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I loved your list and the "our lipstick" was too cute. I just noticed that Annamary (Old Man Hancock) is your sister. Seems great blogs run in the family:) Thanks for visiting and have a great evening!

Sunflower said...

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog!Welcome back any time.


I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower