"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, January 29, 2007

That Cry

There's just something about that cry that I'll never ever get used to. The one when something is really wrong, like after getting a shot. It's piercing and it goes right through me and breaks my heart. Every time. Poops had his 9 month checkup this morning which as usual went well right up until the end. Nakey baby playing with paper on the table, very happy. Nakey baby playing with his book, squeals in delight. Nakey baby playing peekaboo, nakey baby happy. Nurse comes in. Sticks nakey baby. Nakey baby screams. Nakey baby goes to the very nurse who gave him a shot for comfort. Nakey baby hates mommy, and appears to know full well who brought him to get pointy, evil needle in leg. Nakey baby gets dressed. Appears to forget about evil needle. Loves mommy again.

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

When my oldest was born she had low blood sugar so they tested her blood every hour. They made a tiny slash on her heel to get blood and it nearly killed me when I saw the little marks.

Barb said...

Oh gosh.. I can remember that sound and my *baby* is 25!

Anonymous said...

I use to cry when they would stick my kids. It is the worst feeling!

-atomik kitten said...

Last year, we took Monkey Butt to the ER because he had strep (this was before his tonsils were taken out in June). He was so sick they had to give him a shot of Penicillin. It took five people to hold him down - he was five. He didn't talk to me for three days (and it wasn't because he didn't have a voice).