"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Goodness, madness and spandex

There's so much going on in all my friends' lives right now and I am in a dry spell. Them: house buying, house selling, condo searching, baby having. Me: nothin'! I guess that's good because if I had something going on too, I wouldn't be able to share in all of their lives nearly as much as I am able to right now. I log on to blog and I literally have nothing. No creativity, no nothing. But I do have an update on my dear friend who had her baby earlier this week at 30 weeks. Oh. My. Gosh! is he beautiful! With lots and lots and lots of hair. He is small, but so beautiful, and breathing on his own and completely lovely. He seems to be doing really well and so is mom! Thank God! It is one of the scariest things in life to know that you're about to have your baby and it's not time yet. I can't even explain it in words and I hate that it's something that she and millions of other moms have to go through. He will be spending a couple weeks in the NICU, which is always a tough road to go down no matter how long. But I am thankful that I am able to share my own experience with her. And I am also amazed at how much helping someone else in this process is helping me to continue my own healing from my baby's prematurity. I feel like I should just "get over it" already, but it's just something that sticks with you and I guess I'm not sure I'll ever quite get over it. I still remember almost every hour of the two weeks following my boy's birth (including being such a crying mess at the hospital that my mom sent the priest to my room-which now I can smile about because that's my mom!) and I am pretty sure it will stay that way. Anyway, please continue to keep her and all other preemies and their mommies in your thoughts. They so need all the prayers and strength they can get while they wait for their babies to get big and healthy enough to go home. Especially because in most cases, no one knows why a baby is born prematurely and there's no way to ever know. And that's such a hard fact to live with because it just makes you feel so helpless and ashamed and you want to blame yourself. Sigh.
(end soap box)
(begin comic relief)
Gosh it's hard to type about a serious topic when you're watching a VH1 special with Matthew McCaughnehey vs. Lance Armstrong and they're talking about spandex. I think a gentleman being interviewed just said "put Lance in some spandex and it's like looking at a peach that's always ripe." I don't know what to say about that. I told you about my lack of creativity. And just for the record. My husband and I are doing that thing again, where I am on a laptop on one side of the room, and he is on a laptop on the other side of the room and we look like the true all-american couple. It's so lame! I'm blogging. He's playing poker (with fake money I hope). I guess it could be worse. We could be messaging each other.

1 comment:

Sparky Duck said...

yes but how could it be your fault that you blame yourself?

as for the laptop fest, we stop that in this house by keeping the laptop closed until the Mrs falls asleep, so we just stare at the TV instead.