"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Friday, January 26, 2007

Another Day at the Office

Here's how I can tell that I am a stay at home mom and I am ok with this and I don't miss the office. I'm cleaning up, moving from room to room swiftly, on a mission, trying to get it all done before "Grandma" comes over so I can go to the gym. Poops is playing on the living room floor so everything I do in another room has to be at lightning speed. So, here I am, zooming around the house, putting away shoes, putting away dishes, putting dirty clothes away, and I pass by my bed and my cat hears me coming and she raises her head as if to say "hello" and we make eye contact. Then I find myself nod as I walk past and say "good morning, Putty". Just like at the office when I pass someone in the hall on the way to deliver a script to an anchor or head to the control room or get some coffee in the breakroom. I even had that comfy, rosey feeling you get after saying hello to a co-worker in the hall. It was odd. Turns out, I guess this is my "office". Apparently I just have different co-workers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You need to get out of the house woman! :) Isn't amazing how our social fulfillment shifts?! I am content speaking to my darling boy, our dog and an array of plastic and wooden toys all day