"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thursday 13 #5

THIRTEEN REASONS I'M GLAD MY HUSBAND'S BACK FROM CHINA
  1. He brought me back some cool stuff like a tea set and some awesome looking chopsticks. The ones I have are from the dollar store (but they were cute! they were a find!) . I know. I'm cheap.

  2. We got to snuggle and watch The Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars together when he got home. Tonight we get to snuggle and watch The O.C. and The Office and Earl. I missed our tv watching rituals.

  3. The bed is so much bigger without him.

  4. I hate being the "man of the house." He's so much better at beating up (potential) bad guys than I am. (Though I can pack quite a punch!)

  5. I miss his kisses and holding hands and did I mention snuggling?

  6. He's so much better at taking out the trash and cleaning the litter box than I am. I threw out my keys. See? I suck at taking out the trash.

  7. Especially on days where Poops is screaming all day and I can't figure out why...I can get some "time off" to do girly things and unwind when he gets home from work. Like pedicures. My feet are also happy he's back. Trust me on that one. Or just shutting myself away in a room. Alone. Or just getting out of the house. Alone. It's the little things.

  8. The house is also so much bigger without him. Now it's complete again.

  9. He can go to the Welcome Committee meetings in our Homeowners Association with me. He signed us up. Then went away and I had to go by myself! Thanks!

  10. Date night's back! We go out once every week just the two of us, so we can reconnect. It has really helped, especially right after Poops was born. But while he was in China, we had "date night" over the internet by doing what we used to do when we were in a long distance relationship. No! Not that, potty minds! We played backgammon. For like 2 hours. It's the funnest. I know that's not a word but I like it.

  11. I get to share the art of poopy diapers with someone. Although the Grandmas shared some of it with me when he was gone. Thanks Grandmas!

  12. I can get in touch with him. When he was in China, I had to pretty much wait for him to call because he was out of pocket a lot. This is so much better.

  13. $400 later, he wasn't mad at me for throwing out the keys! (I had to tow the car to the dealership and get the keys re-digitized). He even took some of the blame for not having a spare to the car. What a guy! Happy TT everyone!!!





The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



15 comments:

Anna Mary said...

I love your list!! We're TT twins! haha We're both sappy idiots this week! I'm so impressed he wasn't mad about the keys..

Unknown said...

Im glad he is back. I bragged on my hubby as well.Hubby and I are going to china in over a year from now

Carmen said...

sounds like a good catch, I'm glad you've got him back.

CJ said...

Reunited and it feels so good....

Glad you're back together!!

Chaotic Mom said...

Man, I have to admit I actually enjoy it when Hubby is off playing army games some times. But when he comes back, I fully appreciate having both of us dealing with the kids. We all need him. ;)

Glad yours is back safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Great list! It is always nice to have the hubby around. My husband was a great help before he got sick. He was a good Daddy to the children and great soulmate for me. I miss him.

Domestic Goddess said...

glad you have your man back.

Caylynn said...

Great list. :) Glad to hear your husband is home. He sounds like a great guy.

Happy T13. :)

Kukka-Maria said...

Wow. Sounds like a stellar guy! You are a fortunate woman who, by the sound of your TT, knows and appreciates that.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Thanks!

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am glad he is back. I think the two things that are hardest when Prince Charming is away is the big empty bed and having no one to relieve me at the end of a long stressful day.

Pfingston said...

#8 just sums it all up, don't it?

Unknown said...

Glad your hubby's home!!

Happy TT!


Mine's up at: http:www.temporarilyme.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I also enjoyed reading your list. I definitely agree that when they are gone the house does seem bigger. I couldn't sleep when my husband when on a business trip. My bed just seem comfortable.

Anonymous said...

bet he also has 13 or more reasons why he's glad to be home! thanks for stopping by! ;)

Sonny said...

Oh I understand you so much!

Do you like to visit mine? It's my first one...

Greetings from Germany,
Sonny