"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Leveled

Where did Sunday and Monday go? I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I went to sleep on Sunday morning after dropping my sister off at the airport and I woke up this morning when my husband left for work. OK, I did wake up a few times to eat and pee and to hear Poops in the other room playing and cooing and laughing and I longed to play too. I even showered, but only to return to pajamas and let my hair dry by itself which means a curly frizzy mess that I just stick back into a ponytail. But mostly I just slept because I felt like I got hit by a bus and the past two days are just like a faint memory. Lovely. I kicked off the holiday season with a nice, big, fat flu. Poops had a smaller version of it last week. His first cold and thankfully it wasn't that bad. Just a little congestion and a runny nose. The adult version seems much more harsh. And we've given it to my parents and sister but I think Evan may have warded it off because he hasn't gotten it yet. Hopefully he won't. I had it this same week last year too now that I think about it. I've never gotten the flu shot because I was never entirely convinced it would help. But I think I may get in line for it next year.

No comments: