"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Finger Foods


Sweet! We're on finger foods! And I really thought they'd be a shoe-in. I mean, he eats everything. My hair, my hands, he tried to eat my foot this morning, he eats all his toys, his bibs, his burp cloths, blankets, absolutely everything he can get his hands on. Except finger foods. It's the funniest thing. Everything else he picks up goes straight to his mouth, but with finger foods, he has no idea what to do with them. If I put it in his mouth, he'll gum it to death. I'm impressed by his chewing. But he won't pick them up himself. So all the broken pieces of carrots that we've tried fall into his seat and they mush all up and get caught in the cracks of the high chair. He looks at me like I'm crazy. And maybe I am. Maybe he secretly knows that feeding himself will eventually make way for wiping himself and bathing himself. Maybe he's smarter than I think. Hmm.

No comments: