"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #30

OOh my tt is turning the big 3-0! How nice! Well, we're off Saturday for a week at the beach, so here are:

13 things I'm looking forward to on beach week

1. Driving there in our new minivan. Yep, I said it. We're just waiting on our specific color to come in from another dealer and the deal will be sealed. You're looking at a future minivan owner. That's another post for another day.
2. The gorgeous change of scenery. Who doesn't just lurrve stepping out onto the beach every morning? Waking up to the sun sparkling on the ocean and watching the sun go down every night over the water. Ahhh. Serenity now.
3. Trying the local British tea room. Purely for research purposes. (Suuuuuure!)
4. Wearing white pants. Florida breaks all the white pants fashion rules anyway; people wear them in December and it's no big whoop. But wearing white pants is still so touristy to me, and when I put them on, I'll feel like I've come down from up north instead of from just an hour away.
5. Poops at the beach. He's just so darned cute in his tropical-wear. If only he'd just stop eating the sand.
6. I live an hour away, and I have never been to Sarasota's beaches. Isn't that ridiculous?
7. Spending time with the family, of course, all relaxed and sun-kissed.
8. Getting a floppy hat and some cute little beach wraps. Although they will look more like mu mus on me rather than cute little beach wraps.
9. Restaurants.
10. Finishing Harry Potter. I have been avoiding all reviews and reports on the book like the plague. LALALALALALALLAALALALA! I can't hear you!
11. Sleeping in.
12. Just sitting. On the beach. Just me and my I-Pod.
13. Not wanting to come home.





The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds just lovely. And you will LOVE the minivan. We'll have to talk sometime!

Happy TT!

Mz Jackson said...

My kids read the book this weekend, but I will keep my mouth shut! Have a wonderful time!

Lori said...

Man, I love the beach!! Have fun...it sounds great:)

Jenny McB said...

Welcome to the minivan club, don't let anyone convince you otherwise, we are all happy car owners! Just remember, bigger cars equal bigger messes.

Have a great time at the beach, it all sounds wonderful.

Lazy Daisy said...

Oh Wow, it sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope you have a great time! In January I stayed on the beach, my hotel was right on the edge of the cliffs. It was amazing to wake up every morning and hear the waves crashing! AYE! :)

Crux said...

I like the entire Sarasota area (Siesta Key and Long Boat Key included). You and you're shiny-new minivan will love it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time.
Your list makes me want to hit the sand myself.
The smell of the ocean makes me feel so good.
Thanks for stopping in.
Frances

Anonymous said...

Are you going to Ledo Beach or Siesta Key? Do some shopping in St. Armond's Circle if you get a chance!
I have SOOOO many pics of my kids on those beaches, it isn't even funny!
Harry Potter is good! Taking my own sweet time with it!
Have a great vacation!