"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, April 09, 2007

Babycenter Du Jour

I subscribed to Babycenter so long ago, when I first found out I was pregnant with Poops. It emails me weekly updates on how big the baby is and gives me an idea of all the symptoms I should be having, warning signs, yada yada yada. It was helpful when pregnancy was this huge mystery to me, but now that it's not, I read the blurbs quickly to refresh myself. One of the funniest things about Babycenter that I had forgotten about until I got pregnant again is their weekly descriptions of how big the baby is. They usually equate it with some sort of food. Last week, the sonogram tech said the baby was about the size of a grain of rice. Babycenter called it a lentil bean. This week, the Babycenter calls him (or her) a raspberry. So whatever week it is, we end up referring to the baby as the food for the whole week. My mom calls and if it's Monday it usually goes like this.
Mom: Hi! How are you? How are you feeling?
Me: Good (enter symptom here) but otherwise good.
Mom: What is it this week?
Me: A raspberry.
And we get a chuckle out of it.

So now, I've resorted to cheating and peeking ahead to see what sort of food or fruit it will be next week, which, incidentally, is kidney bean. Followed by grape and kumquat.

1 comment:

Irish Church Lady :) said...

A grain of rice? Wow! It's even still hard to fathom!

That's very cute. Of course, I have no idea how big a kumquat is.

LOL