"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Mall Experience

Was surprisingly great. Closer to end of holiday shopping. Of course there was coffee and my list. But if you can possibly take a day off and get all your shopping done in one foul swoop during a weekday at 1 o'clock, the mall is the place to be. It was leaving the mall that turned out to be the interesting part. The swirly-eyed shopper zig-zagging through the parking lot wandering aimlessly with a fist-full of packages trying desperately to locate the car? Me. Oh, and on the way home? Got stuck behind a truck carrying Port-a-potties. Yes, this is what happens to me in life. An entire highway full of cars and I am stuck behind the stinky truck. And I don't just mean stinky. I mean, likely the nastiest, most overwhelming smell I have ever had the "privilege" of being a part of. Nothing could stop it from seeping into the car. And it went just slow or fast enough for me to not be able to pass it until we got just a mile away from the house, and I could stop the car in the driveway and breathe again. I take clean air for granted.

No comments: