"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I am an anti-Ferg-ite.

I cannot stifle my feelings on this anymore. And believe me, I'm as surprised as you that I'm this passionate about this. So much so, that I feel I cannot NOT blog about this. I will also preface this with, I apologize in advance if you're a Fergie fan, and I give you full license to stop reading this lest you put a hit out on me. Right now, my husband and I are doing what we very often do on Saturday morning. Poops is playing in his play dome banging his blocks together, we've got our coffees, we're unshowered and still in pajamas. We're talking back and forth about what to eat for breakfast but no one is getting up to do anything about it, and VH1 is on with its top 40 videos of '06. VH1 usually goes on after the Today show and the local news.

Now, I will tell you that I am a huge fan of the Black-Eyed Peas. "Pump It" is my first song on my workout list on my IPod. I also listened to it during labor. I go into an all-out flail when I hear this song and it embarrasses my husband. I also like Fergie in the Black Eyed Peas. I like her voice. BUT I CANNOT STAND FERGIE ALONE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT A LONDON BRIDGE IS AND I EQUALLY CAN'T STAND FERGALICIOUS. I don't know why I feel this passionate about this. Maybe it's because I am offended that this is crap music and crap music can become popular. Or not really music, just crap. Obviously, people like these songs because they are both in the Top 40. But everytime I see the videos, I stop what I'm doing, and stare at the TV in disbelief, then become nauseous. Yes, I should put my energy toward something worthwhile, and I do, usually. But I can't help myself. I can't stand the branch-out Fergie, and I cannot sit by idly anymore. There I've said it.

No comments: