"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're Baaaack!

As fun as this trip was, it's good to be home, sleeping in my own bed, using my own shower and not eating out at a restaurant for every meal. Ahhhh. Of course, the house is a mess, the laundry is done and in true me-fashion not folded yet, dishes are piled in the sink, you know the story. But it's my house, not a tiny hotel room packed with four people and a baby. Still waiting on second trimester second wind. Has not kicked in yet. Very disappointed. Poops continues to stand and is extremely proud of himself. He's also knocking out another milestone: the garbage disposal that was my son is now becoming a picky eater! I hoped I would never see the day. If he doesn't like the taste or the texture of something, he just sticks out his tongue and lets the food roll right off it into his lap. A lovely new habit. Love it! My dish is becoming a refuge for his partially chewed food.

So the random acts of kindness continued in D.C. for my brother-in-law, even after my last posting. Someone left the book "1776" on their rocking chair out front with a note that said "Thank You" and the little note was a bookmark for a passage they underlined about thanking our soldiers for delivering to us the freedom that we enjoy. I cannot believe the support that they have found in their community, it was just so wonderful that I cannot express my own gratitude for the true loveliness and kindess that people have shown them after such a long, hard road that they both traveled these past 9 months. (Pregnant lady tearing up again).

I told you it was really a sight to behold to see the flags lining the streets for him and I finally have a second to post some pictures of it.





No comments: