"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Welcome to life, Captain Poopy!



It was a little tough coming out of the starting gates for baby Aidan, who decided to come out a little early. I had pre-eclampsia, and very high blood pressure, and my water broke back in April. What a scary night that was. I'll never forget it. It was the night before Bucky got voted off American Idol. My bag sat empty on the floor with a list of the stuff to take with me to the hospital, and ironically I was going to pack it the very next day. I guess Aidan wouldn't have it! He got poked and prodded for a couple of weeks in the NICU, and was pretty jaundiced for a while...but almost 5 months later, he's thriving just like any other little boy and we're happy and excited and finally getting the sleep we all so well deserve. I was afraid those first couple weeks would make him grumpy (all the nurses called him a tempermental old man, but who wouldn't be, being stuck in that incubator with an IV on your head!) Thankfully, his smiles arrived a few months later, and they haven't stopped since. But I'm still waiting to hear that belly laugh! I'm a little late, getting started with our baby blog, but I'm sure we'll catch up.

No comments: