"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Little Jack Horner


OK, so the guy loves vegetables, and hates fruit? So far, we've eaten sweet potatoes, carrots and squash, and he's loved them all. So, as directed, we moved on to fruits, which I thought would be a shoe-in and we started with my absolute favorite, plums. I've been known to buy jars of plum babyfood for myself even through college, but have you noticed they combine it now with apples or something? It's not the same. It's a travesty. Anyway, I made the plums myself cause I've been making all our babyfood and it's way easier than I ever thought it would be. And I swear it wasn't how I made them, because I tasted them and they were pretty darn good and they brought back lots of memories. Ahh, plums. Like home. But this is the face I got when he tried them! Every bite, I got this face. Good news is, he'll eat anything if it's on a spoon. And finish it. Like when we had to give him prune juice for his little poopy problem (see below) he wouldn't take them in a cup or bottle. He gobbled it all up on a spoon. And happily. Next week we're on to peas.

No comments: