"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tiny Baby Giant Sounds


I was walking through Target today, when Aidan became a cloud of flatulence. I was looking at discounted school supplies, particularly backpacks but they were all the "rolling" kind that I don't like, which was near the Halloween section, when two men browsing nearby caught wind of it. As the little toots became louder, the only thing I could do was shrug and say in mommy-baby voice "Stinky baby, who's the stinky baby!" and run away with the cart. I always feel my face get hot because I feel like it's like blaming the dog, but there's nothing I can do to stop the sounds, which I swear, now that he's eating vegetables, are like grown ups! Aidan's also trying out new vocal sounds, which are piercing throaty shrieks. He does it when he's happy, he does it when he's getting frustrated, and now he does it when he wants to get out of taking naps. Besides these new sounds, there's the normal gurgles, the coos, the cries, the burps, the sighs, and the grunts. And when he grunts, you know what's coming. I'll tell you that much.

No comments: