"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Friday, September 22, 2006

Closet Roller

I was talking to my mom this morning while Aidan was on the playmat, and all of a sudden we look down and he's on his belly. Usually there's a big production involved because he has large meat-hook arms and he can turn most of his body over but he can't seem to get past his one arm. There's a lot of grunting and swinging that very often ends in frustration and a thumb in the mouth. Lately though, like today, I just see the end result. No fanfare. No grunting. All of a sudden, he's just sitting there on his belly happy about it and I have no idea when it happened. After we put him down for the night, I'll hear a bunch of muffled grunting in the monitor and I'll know he just flipped himself over and all of a sudden "George is getting frustrated." He can't always roll back over.

No comments: