"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Pregnancy Paranoia

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. Of course, I'm finding it hard to find the line between concerned and paranoid. Around 1 yesterday afternoon, I started having terrible cramps. Then, lower back pain. It was terrible. Then the cramps would get worse and let up, not in any pattern, but the feeling was similar to the contractions I had after my water broke with Poops. So when a couple hours goes by and the cramping is still terrible, I call the doctor, who wants me to come in to triage, just in case. Thankfully, everything was fine. Baby's heartbeat-check. Cervix-nice and closed as it should be. What was it? I don't know. I have no idea. I guess it's another one of those regular aches and pains of pregnancy, like the charley horse I've had in my left calf since Sunday. But I can't help feeling bad about my inner panic. On the other hand, I know I couldn't have sat there thinking, "what if this is labor?" all night if the pain continued. Well, today, I will head back into the doctor for my glucose and sono, a normally scheduled appointment and I'm sure that will go fine. Ugh. I am turning into a cyberchondriac.

3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

It's ok to paranoid!! Your experience with Poops was a scary one. I was paranoid through my whole pregnany (both times!) with every ache, pain, bump, etc. With the second one, the baby didn't move much. So I'd eat a candy bar and drink a coke just to give it a sugar buzz to get it moving. Anytime the movement stopped for a period of time, I'd freak out. And I had totally uneventful pregnancies. Good luck with everything today. It's ok to be paranoid. Just don't stress yourself out too much. It's not good for you or the baby. I'm keeping you in my prayers that everything goes along as it should.

Stine said...

Every day is one closer to the goal! There's no such thing as paranoia... All the best to you.

katie eggeman said...

Did the Dr mention Braxton Hicks contractions, sometimes they are mild other times you think it's the real thing.