"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Poop Catchers: A Review

One thing we go through like water is diapers. And believe me, we've tried them all. There is nothing worse than when a diaper "fails" and we have to change his clothes, his sheets, his crib bumper, and head straight to the bathtub for a full-body washdown. After a lot of trial and error (and a lot of grossly failed experiments) our biggest success has been with Pampers Cruisers, but they are seriously expensive. So when I was asked to give Luvs' new "Bear Hug Stretch" diapers out, I couldn't help but think I'd probably get through one day and head back to Pampers. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!


The big fat tabbies close up tightly and hug his legs nicely. The diapers are built just as sturdy as Pampers and are extremely absorbent. We went through the entire 40-pack without so much as a single leak! I was very impressed, but most of all, I was impressed with the price. The only thing I have a little bit of trouble with is actually finding them in the store. Luvs says they'd like to price a 40-count at about 8 bucks, although I saw them for $10 in the one store I did happen to spot them in (but they didn't have my little guy's size). However, the Pampers 46-count is about $16, and the Luvs are just as good. I will be on the lookout for these and as soon as I find them, I will be switching. It's worth it. The newborn sizes aren't out yet, but they will be in December, just in time for my other little guy's arrival. Sweet!

2 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Ah the great diaper debate. My kids all wore huggies with great results. I do believe that not all diapers are created equal and not all babies have the same butt. LOL Way to go on finding that luvs works for you!

Anna Mary said...

So, since I have no diaper dilemma's, I will share two little tidbits I thought you'd want to know.

1. The radio show was talking about parents who hire "Poopy Trainers" to train their kids on the pot. Mostly since they're not at home often enough... hmmm..

2. Today is National Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Loveee you!