"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, October 01, 2007

Heads or Tails: Stack

It's "heads" in this week's "Heads or Tails" and the theme is "stack." Which I had a really hard time thinking about because all I kept thinking about were boobs. As in, "she's stacked." Is that pervy?


Anyway, I figured that my life is completely made up of stacks, so I'll list 10 of them lying around my house because that should be pretty easy.

1. Diapers! (of course.)
2. Boxes of decaf tea (chamomile and Sleepytime) that my sister-in-law got on discount from the military base for me (thanks!!)
3. New baby clothes for littler Poops. He can't have alll hand-me-downs.
4. A nice big stack of Parent and Real Simple magazines in the bathroom, just in case one might get stuck in there for a while.
5. A stack of brown leather boxes in the office full of crafting stuff, like scrapbooking paper, ribbon, fabric glue, stickers, embellishments. Which brings me to the question, what is it about motherhood or even pregnancy for that matter that moves a person to wanna craft? I have crochet class with my mom tomorrow night (I am desperate to make a "coming home" blanket.) Where will the madness end?
6. A stack of books on my desk that are my life; the AP Handbook, my pregnancy journal and planner.
7. Gift cards. (Ooh la la!)
8. Christmas cards. Yes! Christmas Cards! I ordered mine already and I love them! Why not get prepared for which will be a completely nutty holiday season?
9. Coupons which I always leave at home and allow to expire.
10. Labeled boxes underneath my bathroom cabinet for hair stuff, face stuff, foot stuff, nail stuff, etc. etc.


Don't forget Heads or Tails Tuesdays at Skittles Place! Anyone can join in!

15 comments:

Barb said...

You have a lot of stacks. To be honest "being stacked" was my first thought, too, so don't feel bad. :)

Christmas cards??? Hmm.. I buy them oh.. mid December. LOL

Drew said...

How could you have a stack of gift cards? I use those bad boys within a week of getting them.

Mom Knows Everything said...

That is a lot of stacks! I have gotten my Christmas cards yet, but I have started my Christmas shopping.

Crazed Nitwit said...

I consider myself as having a nice rack. Bahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I thought of boobs first too :) You have a lot of stacks in your life--so do I.

Rebecca said...

Is it possible to be that close to a due date and not have stacks of baby stuff everywhere? Happy H/T :P

Anonymous said...

OH, I'd love #7 and 8, I'm a card fanatic ;-)

We've get rid off most of the stacks in our home in the spring, cleaned it all. Very niiiice, afterwards...

My stack is making me to a couch potato... *giggles*

jenn said...

Christmas cards already? I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Love your "stack" idea!!

Misty DawnS said...

Great post - I have some of these stacks in my house too, just none of the baby stuff :(

bundle-o-contradictions said...

No stacks @ my house right now. We just moved & it's more like a "sprawl." Sounds like happy stacks, though! :)

Siani said...

That's a lot of stacks! At least everything is kept together in orderly fashion. No stacks in my house, just an explosion of chaos, LOL.

Unknown said...

HA! I loved your post. It´s nice to know I´m not the only one with so many stacks, especially the book stack!

Jersey - The Furry Diva said...

Oh... we definitely thought about the same stacks. And I definitely forgot to mention the huge diaper stack.

*nose-licks*

Andree said...

You do have a lot of stacks! I bet if we all looked around us, we would all see them clearly!